Sean G. Downing, MD
We live in a very exciting and wonderful time in Medicine. There are new emerging treatments for most chronic medical illnesses of modern life. Practicing Medicine with Sarasota Personal Medicine will allow me to use these treatments and tailor them to my individual patients. I am passionately committed to providing the highest quality medical care for my patients. Preventive Medicine is much more than early detection of illness. My healthcare goal is to help my patients remain healthy and avoid illness. I also do enjoy the challenge of managing complex health problems of my patients and involve specialists only when needed.
I am very fortunate to join with Dr. Fineman who also adheres to the highest standards of integrity and professional competence. Living in Sarasota for the past eleven years has afforded me the opportunity to foster many professional relationships with other physicians with equally high standards. I am very proud to be associated with such professional colleagues and also to admit to an excellent institution in Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
Sarasota has been my home for almost 11 years, although I still maintain a family home in Massachusetts. I do try to spend an odd weekend during the Summer there to catch a Red Sox game. Being first generation Irish, I also travel to Ireland annually to visit my extended family in County Kerry. Even though I love Sarasota during the Winter, I also like to travel to the American West for downhill skiing. I very much look forward to establishing a personal relationship with you and your family to help you achieve your healthcare goals and to help you live your life to the fullest.
Sarasota Personal Medicine is pleased to introduce Dr. Sean Downing to the practice. Dr. Downing is board certified in internal medicine. Dr. Downing has maintained a thriving medical practice in Sarasota for the past 12 years focused on individualized patient care.
EDUCATION / TRAINING:
- Bachelor of Science – University of Massachusetts
- Masters in Physiology – Georgetown University
- Doctor of Medicine – Georgetown University
- Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residency- Brown University
- Chief Medical Resident
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Recertified in Internal Medicine (2011)
- Medical Licensure: Florida
- Medical Exec Committee
- Physician Operating Board
- Medical Office Director
- Hospital Pharmacy Review Committee
- Dean’s List University of Massachusetts
- Phi Alpha Theta, National History Honor Society
- National Health Service Scholarship Award
- Alzheimer’s Medical Student Research Scholarship Award