Sean G. Downing, MD
We live in a very exciting and wonderful time in Medicine. There are new emerging treatments for many chronic medical illnesses of modern life. Practicing medicine with Sarasota Personal Medicine allows me to use these treatments and tailor them to my individual patients. My healthcare goal is to help my patients remain healthy and avoid illness. Preventive Medicine is much more than early detection of illness and I am passionately committed to providing the highest quality medical care for my patients. I also enjoy the challenge of managing patient’s complex health conditions and involve specialists only when needed.
I am very fortunate to practice with Dr. Fineman who also adheres to the highest standards of integrity and professional competence. Living in Sarasota for the past twelve years has afforded me the opportunity to foster many professional relationships with other physicians with equally high standards. I am very proud to be associated with such professional colleagues and also to admit to an excellent institution in Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
While I was born and raised in Massachusetts, Sarasota has been my home for the last 12 years. I enjoy the Florida lifestyle and have felt fortunate to establish many professional and community relationships that have made Sarasota feel like home. I do still enjoy visiting my Massachusetts home, catching a Red Sox game and traveling to the American West for downhill skiing when time allows. Being first generation Irish, I also love to travel to Ireland to visit extended family in County Kerry.
I very much look forward to establishing a personal relationship with you and your family to help you achieve your healthcare goals and to help you live your life to the fullest.
Dr. Sean Downing is board certified in internal medicine and has maintained a thriving medical practice in Sarasota for the past 12 years focusing on individualized patient care.
EDUCATION / TRAINING:
- Bachelor of Science – University of Massachusetts
- Masters in Physiology – Georgetown University
- Doctor of Medicine – Georgetown University
- Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residency- Brown University
- Chief Medical Resident
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Recertified in Internal Medicine (2011)
- Medical Licensure: Florida
- Medical Exec Committee
- Physician Operating Board
- Medical Office Director
- Hospital Pharmacy Review Committee
- Dean’s List University of Massachusetts
- Phi Alpha Theta, National History Honor Society
- National Health Service Scholarship Award
- Alzheimer’s Medical Student Research Scholarship Award